Solo Housing are looking for a dynamic Senior Outreach Worker to join our team in providing person Centred support and housing management services to single adults living in our specialised projects Providing safe accommodation to people that have been rough sleeping or women involved in the criminal justice system.
We are a registered charity based in Diss providing supported housing and homelessness prevention services to single people who have experienced homelessness
Role responsibilities for the Senior Outreach Worker
- Report directly to the Shared Housing & Lodgings Manager
- To lead and oversee the Women’s Accommodation Scheme and the Off the Street project
- To carry out Line Management responsibilities and duties including regular reporting and updates
- To assist residents accommodated in the Off the Street Project, with transitional support to find sustainable accommodation whilst providing support with any additional areas, such as alcohol and drug use or health concerns.
- To assist and encourage residents accommodated in the Women’s Accommodation Scheme to establish positive connections in the community and provide transitional support and find sustainable accommodation whilst providing support with any additional areas, such as alcohol and drug use, health concerns, employment and training.
- To support residents to pursue positive involvement in their communities
- To coach and lead a team of Support Workers to provide holistic, person led support to help Solo Housing residents to sustain a tenancy and achieve greater independence.
- To support and assist Solo Housing residents to move in a positive and planned way into more permanent accommodation when they are ready to live more independently.
- To complete assessments with Support Workers for accommodation suitability
- Liaise and report to funders as per the requirements
- To assist Shared Housing & Lodgings Manager to secure suitable accommodation for the needs of the service
- Assist in furnishing accommodation where required.
- To provide housing management ensuring accommodation is kept up to housing standards
- To complete all required paperwork and maintain comprehensive electronic information records on the support plans, tenancy agreements and housing management records.
- To collect the rent, service charges and other monies owed to Solo Housing.
- To positively represent Solo Housing in the community
- Participate in an emergency callout rota with colleagues
- To ensure Health & Safety procedures within accommodation is met
- Participate in training where a training need is identified
- Communicate with external agencies to support residents with long term accommodation, education, training and employment
- provide leadership to Support Workers through guidance, supervision and by being an exceptional role model.
- support staff with any HR concerns in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- carry out regular one to one sessions and annual staff appraisals
- Participate in the recruitment of staff in the service and complete full inductions
- Ensure that the projects are sufficiently resourced to provide an exceptional service
- Attend internal meetings as appropriate
This list is not exhaustive and duties may be varied by the Shared Housing & Lodgings Manager
Download the full Job Description Below: