Are you a Landlord or thinking of becoming a Landlord?
Solo Housing have a number of different offers to support Landlords to manage their properties.
Become a Solo Landlord
Your property could help us to provide much needed housing and support to help single homeless people in your area.
What we need
- 2 bed spaces in South Norfolk or Breckland – they would need to be near amenities and transport links (not too rural to prevent isolation)
- At least 8 bed spaces across Thetford and Dereham (Breckland) We can be flexible in how the spaces are made up, i.e. 2, 3 or 4 beds
- 4 bed spaces in Stowmarket or Sudbury (Mid Suffolk & Babergh) We are also flexible in how the spaces are made up
What we offer
- A guaranteed rent through a short term lease (3 to 5 years)
- Full professional property management. This includes property surveys, responsive repairs and maintenance (including 24 hour emergency number) compliance checks and planned works as agreed with you
- Regular visits to the property by our housing support team to ensure that your property is being looked after by our residents and that relationships in the community are positive
- Regular communication from Solo Housing on your property and organisational news
What we want
- Properties that are safe, affordable and meet the Decent Homes Standard
- A landlord that is committed to our vision of providing accommodation for single people across East Anglia through our values
The lodgings scheme for landlords
Our Lodgings Service has seen a large number of very successful placements on both a private and social basis.
We’ll visit you and provide you all the information you need to become a lodgings landlord. We’ll find out from you what you would like to achieve as a lodgings landlord and the type of person you may prefer to have as a lodger. We also assess every person who approaches us looking for accommodation to find the best match with any lodgings landlord.
Find out more about Solo’s lodgings scheme for landlords in our leaflet.
You can also find out more about landlord obligations to lodgers and the financial implications involved in these two useful factsheets:
The lodgings scheme for landlords in 5 easy steps…
We’re here to help find you a suitable lodger
Simply get in touch by calling us on 01379 640250
Our service to landlords is completely free
Our information pack will help answer many of your questions
We’ll visit you and provide any other info you need
We’ll also learn what type of lodger you may be looking for
We’ll arrange an introduction with a potential lodger
Afterwards you can tell us if you’d like to go ahead
We’ll help you at every step with your lodger
We’re just a phone call away if you need help or advice
Find out more about Supported Housing
Our other landlord services
Are you a social sector landlord?
With a team experienced in housing management, Solo Housing is an effective partner in the delivery of accommodation-based services for single people. Contact us to find out how we can help you.
Are you a private sector landlord?
Our Private landlord package includes a guaranteed rental income for landlords, removal of void risk, completion of minor day to day repairs and decoration and assessing, allocating and managing single people to live in the property.
We’re here for everyone but only with your support
Other Landlord Information
Who is a Landlord?
Who is a landlord? (hse.gov.uk)
HSE: Landlords – A guide to landlords’ duties: Gas
Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
INDG285 Landlords (hse.gov.uk)
Guide for Landlords – electrical safety standards in the private rented sector
Guide for landlords: electrical safety standards in the
private rented sector – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Safety and Furniture Regulations
Fire safety and furniture regulations in rented properties (thetenantsvoice.co.uk)