Are you a Landlord or thinking of becoming a Landlord?
Solo Housing have a number of different offers to support Landlords to manage their properties.
Become a Solo Landlord
Your property could help us to provide much needed housing and support to help single homeless people in your area.
What we need
- 2 bed spaces in South Norfolk or Breckland – they would need to be near amenities and transport links (not too rural to prevent isolation)
- At least 8 bed spaces across Thetford and Dereham (Breckland) We can be flexible in how the spaces are made up, i.e. 2, 3 or 4 beds
- 4 bed spaces in Stowmarket or Sudbury (Mid Suffolk & Babergh) We are also flexible in how the spaces are made up
What we offer
- A guaranteed rent through a short term lease (3 to 5 years)
- Full professional property management. This includes property surveys, responsive repairs and maintenance (including 24 hour emergency number) compliance checks and planned works as agreed with you
- Regular visits to the property by our housing support team to ensure that your property is being looked after by our residents and that relationships in the community are positive
- Regular communication from Solo Housing on your property and organisational news
What we want
- Properties that are safe, affordable and meet the Decent Homes Standard
- A landlord that is committed to our vision of providing accommodation for single people across East Anglia through our values
The lodgings scheme for landlords
Our Lodgings Service has seen a large number of very successful placements on both a private and social basis.
We’ll visit you and provide you all the information you need to become a lodgings landlord. We’ll find out from you what you would like to achieve as a lodgings landlord and the type of person you may prefer to have as a lodger. We also assess every person who approaches us looking for accommodation to find the best match with any lodgings landlord.
Find out more about Solo’s lodgings scheme for landlords in our leaflet.
You can also find out more about landlord obligations to lodgers and the financial implications involved in these two useful factsheets:
The lodgings scheme for landlords in 5 easy steps…
Find out more about Supported Housing
Our other landlord services
We’re here for everyone but only with your support
Other Landlord Information
Who is a Landlord?
HSE: Landlords – A guide to landlords’ duties: Gas
Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
Guide for Landlords – electrical safety standards in the private rented sector
Safety and Furniture Regulations