Information & Advice
First steps — What happens in your new home?
- Meeting your immediate needs
- Helping you with filling in forms and budgeting
- Making it easier for you to access services such as housing, benefits, health
- Helping you with problems that have made it difficult for you to keep your housing in the past.
- Helping you to plan for a more permanent home, when the time comes to move out of your Solo Housing accommodation. Once you are settled in to your accommodation your Support Worker will explain to you the process for registering with the local authority housing register or choice-based lettings scheme. Each local authority area will have its own criteria and waiting periods, so your Support Worker will need to explain and support you with the process of applying for more permanent accommodation.
Have you seen our Residents Handbook?
A go-to guide about your stay with Solo Housing