Helping single people in East Anglia through
Supported Accommodation and Lodgings

Information & Advice

For Residents...

Solo Housing are here to help

You can choose from an extensive list of information from the drop down menu below. If you can’t find what you are after, or you need more advice, you can always call us on 0800 6520155 or talk to your support worker.

I’m looking for information about:

First steps — What happens in your new home?

Welcome to your new home

Solo Housing would like to welcome you to your new home. We want your stay with us to be happy, safe and secure, so we have produced this useful handbook to give you all the information you need.

We hope everything in the handbook is easy to understand and will help you to find what you are looking for quickly, but if you don’t understand anything or you have any questions please speak to your Support Worker.

What happens now?

When you first arrived at Solo Housing you met with our staff to talk about where you will be living. If you are moving into a shared house, you will probably also have met the person you will be living with.  

You will be allocated a Solo Housing Support Worker who is there to help you with everything you need, and this person is your first point of contact if you have any problems or questions at all about your tenancy, safety or problems with other residents.

You will need to meet with your Support Worker regularly at mutually agreed times to discuss your support plan and progress. You will work closely with them and make a plan for living more independently. If your Support Worker is absent for any reason, we will provide you with an alternative point of contact.

The support you receive from Solo Housing is designed to meet your specific needs and will cover things like:

  • Meeting your immediate needs 
  • Helping you with filling in forms and budgeting
  • Making it easier for you to access services such as housing, benefits, health
  • Helping you with problems that have made it difficult for you to keep your housing in the past.
  • Helping you to plan for a more permanent home, when the time comes to move out of your Solo Housing accommodation. Once you are settled in to your accommodation your Support Worker will explain to you the process for registering with the local authority housing register or choice-based lettings scheme. Each local authority area will have its own criteria and waiting periods, so your Support Worker will need to explain and support you with the process of applying for more permanent accommodation.

We are here to help you get the most from your stay with us, to find your feet, feel more confident, and get on the road to finding a more permanent home. If there is anything we can do please talk to your Support Worker, they will be happy to help you as much as possible.

Have you seen our Residents Handbook?

A go-to guide about your stay with Solo Housing

Did you need more information or advice?