Job Title: Housing Support Worker
Salary: £22,318 per year
Location: Community – based in Breckland area
Job Type: Full Time permanent role, Monday to Friday with a rota for on-call duties and some scope for flexible working.
The successful applicant will work with our residents in their homes within the community, as well as from home and our offices in Diss.
Role responsibilities for the Support Worker
- To interview and assess perspective residents for Solo Housing accommodation.
- To provide holistic person led support to help Solo Housing residents to sustain a tenancy and achieve greater independence.
- Communicate effectively with residents via translation services where English is not their first language.
- To support residents with the transition from homelessness to accommodation
- To support Solo Housing residents to pursue positive involvement in their communities
- To complete all required paperwork and maintain comprehensive electronic information records on the support plans, tenancy agreements and housing management records.
- To ensure rent, service charges and other monies owed to Solo Housing is collected.
- To support and assist Solo Housing residents to move in a positive and planned way.
- To positively represent Solo Housing in the community
- Participate in an emergency callout rota with the rest of the support team
- Support and assist residents to move into more permanent accommodation when they are ready to live more independently
Requirements for the Housing Support Worker
- A full driving licence and the use of a car for work purposes is essential
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people including non-English speaking residents
- Experience of working with mental health issues
- Experience of supporting those with addictions
- Awareness and / or experience of person led support
- Awareness and / or experience of delivering a housing management service
- Ability to effectively maintain comprehensive records and support plans on various IT packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
If you would like to be considered for this post, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your CV