Job Title: Housing Support Worker
Salary: £20,412 per year
Location: Hostel based in Diss
Job Type: Full Time permanent role, Monday to Friday with a rota for on-call duties with some scope for flexible working.
The successful applicant will work with our residents in the hostel and out in the community.
Role responsibilities for the Support Worker
- To interview and assess perspective residents for Solo Housing accommodation.
- To provide holistic person led support to help Solo Housing residents to sustain a tenancy and achieve greater independence.
- To support Solo Housing residents to pursue positive involvement in their communities
- To complete all required paperwork and maintain comprehensive electronic information records on the support plans, tenancy agreements and housing management records.
- To collect the rent, service charges and other monies owed to Solo Housing.
- To support and assist Solo Housing residents to move in a positive and planned way.
- To positively represent Solo Housing in the community
- Participate in an emergency callout rota with the rest of the support team
- Support and assist residents to move into more permanent accommodation when they are ready to live more independently
Requirements for the Housing Support Worker
- A full driving licence and the use of a car for work purposes
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people
- Experience of working with mental health issues
- Experience of supporting those with addictions
- Awareness and / or experience of person led support
- Awareness and / or experience of delivering a housing management service
- Ability to effectively maintain comprehensive records and support plans on various IT packages including Microsoft Word and Excel
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £20,412.00 per year