About Solo Housing
Solo Housing has been working with single people to find housing solutions since 1985.
We help a range of people, from those who simply need a roof over their head, to those who need regular help to overcome problems that they may be experiencing. At Solo we believe in people and our intention is to provide opportunities for those who pass through our door to improve their lives.
We are funded by a number of different agencies, as well as by voluntary donation, to provide support, advice, information and practical help to achieve this.
Solo Housing offers different accommodation options:
We offer a range of accommodation solutions including support housing, lodgings & general needs
We work in partnership with The Benjamin Foundation to provide supported accommodation for young people
During our existing 5 year Business Plan the following activities have taken place:
- Increased the provision of general needs and supported accommodation by 47%
- Increased turnover by £300k between 2018 – 2022
- Modernised working practices via the introduction of up-to-date IT and cloud based information systems and telephony
- Continued to deliver existing services and expand into new projects during a pandemic; adopting a flexible and hybrid approach to ways of working
- Restructured staff teams to improve efficiency and enhance service delivery
- Introduced an in- house professional property management team to enhance our property management services
- Secured medium term funding contracts for the delivery of key supported accommodation services in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Expanded our service offer to provide bespoke projects to meet specific needs within our area of operation
- Purchased an additional property and undertaking significant property and safety maintenance of our own property portfolio
- Produced and submitted detailed plans to develop 9 one- bed flats on a site we own in Diss
- Worked with staff, residents and wider stakeholders to develop our organisational values and embed them into our work
- Developed a range of partnerships to help us deliver our core business mission
Housing management and landlord services
Solo Housing also provides housing management and landlord services for both private landlords and social landlords.
If you would like to know more about these services,
please email us
General needs accommodation
As a registered provider of housing,
Solo has a small number of single person units of accommodation which are affordable to people on low incomes.
Please call 01379 640250 for more information