Solo Housing are looking for a dynamic Housing Support Worker to join our team in providing person led support and housing management services to single adults living in our accommodation.
We are a registered charity based in Diss providing supported housing and homelessness prevention services to single people who have experienced homelessness
Job Title: Housing Support Worker
Salary: £19837 to £22506 per annum
Location: South Norfolk and Breckland (Office Base in Diss)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday with some scope for flexible working.
Role responsibilities for the Housing Support Worker
- To interview and assess perspective residents for Solo Housing accommodation.
- To provide holistic person led support to help Solo Housing residents to sustain a tenancy and achieve greater independence.
- To support Solo Housing residents to pursue positive involvement in their communities
- To complete all required paperwork and maintain comprehensive electronic information records on the support plans, tenancy agreements and housing management records.
- To collect the rent, service charges and other monies owed to Solo Housing.
- To support and assist Solo Housing residents to move in a positive and planned way.
- To positively represent Solo Housing in the community
- Participate in an emergency callout rota with the rest of the support team
- Support and assist residents to move into more permanent accommodation when they are ready to live more independently
Requirements for the Housing Support Worker
- A full driving licence and the use of a car for work purposes
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people
- Awareness and / or experience of person led support
- Awareness and / or experience of delivering a housing management service
- Ability to effectively maintain comprehensive records and support plans on various IT packages
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing by one additional day per years’ service to a maximum of 30 days)
- Pension scheme (employer 8% contribution)
- Mileage allowance as necessary for any work-related travel
- Access to Employee Assistance Support
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV TO Info@solohousing.org